Sunday, September 21, 2014

Previewing Coming Attractions

Most of you guys already know that I have an Etsy shop, and that I really don't like to push my items in your face (unlike some bloggers I've seen).  However, this time I'm making an exception as I want to give you a preview of coming attractions.  By the time you read this (I usually schedule blog posts in advance) some may have been listed, others not.  In any event, they'll be appearing very soon, so I strongly urge you from the bottom of my little heart to visit my shop (found here) - the feline contingent of my business will be grateful as they are starving (they think they are anyway)
So, without further ado, here are some of the things I'll be listing very soon....


 As you can see, my sense of humor is as warped as ever.  And yes, I hate broccoli.  Along with eggplant, okra, and kiwis.  The fruit, not New Zealanders.




I did have a little girl version of this magnet, but that was given as a going-off-to-college gift to my therapist's daughter.  I might make another when I have time.









 Cats are definitely royal creatures.  I am not sure that dogs feel the same way about themselves, at least ordinary mixed breeds.  Pure breds, on the other hand, know their status and don't let you forget it.






It's not easy being in love, and this lady knows that full well.  
One of her favorite songs is Bryan Ferry's (of Roxy Music) song "Slave to Love" as that fits her life so well.




This is me in kindergarten, and no, I don't like Spam.  Do you get the idea that I'm a picky eater?





I thought the concept of a blue Christmas was perfect on a blue card.  I can just hear Elvis crooning the song in the background as this couple argues about something, probably green bean casseroles (I don't like those either)

Every cat has a wish list.  Usually food and catnip.  Maybe toys.  I like toys, especially of the art variety (hint, hint).

And speaking of green bean casseroles. ---->









Every well-dressed Victorian man needs a chainsaw.  Perhaps if someone in his club says something political he disagrees with?

There you have it.  A preview of coming attractions.  I don't decide on what the character says until after I create the actual piece.  I then look at the person and decide what they're thinking about.  Sometimes it's more serious and important, like the cat having a Christmas wish list.  The cat thinks it is anyway.  Mine includes art supplies, by the way.



As I said earlier, these may have been listed by the time you visit the shop, which you can find on Etsy at http://www.etsy.com/shop/rhodyart (a broader hint this time).  Hope you like what you see - I certainly do.  

later
lin

4 comments:

Thanks for reading and thanks for commenting - I'm always interested in what you think. Feel free to offer suggestions for future posts